Finally! This absolute fermentation classic is now in stock at startercultures.eu!
Bactorferm T-SPX is the starter mentioned as the slow sausage starter of choice in all international sausage and charcuterie literature (including the books by Marianski and Marianski). Previously very hard to come by in mainland Europe, but "ladies and gentlemen, we got 'm".
Intended for a slow fermentation, mild acidification and an aromatic profile. Gives a controlled and moderate pH drop to produce a mild acidification with good color formation and stability. Use to obtain a mild, rounded taste that is typical of southern European salami varieties.
- 25 grams
- suitable for 100 kg of meat
- dosage: approx. 0,25-0.5 grams per kilo
- Fermentation instruction: approx. 72 hours at 20 ° C, or descending from 22 ° C to 18 ° C over 5 days.
- Microorganisms: Pediococcus pentosaceus and Staphylococcus xylosus
- Note: store in the freezer, but short interruptions of the cooling cycle will not affect quality. Shelf life up to 18 months in the freezer and 6 weeks at refrigerator temperature.